Thankfully Windows 11 supports Linux as a subsystem, WSL!
To copy-paste text between your WSL terminal and other text editors, you can enable keyboard shortcut keys as follows (Control + Key)
Enabling Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V
- Open your WSL Terminal Window
- Right Click on the title bar
- Click on the Properties menu
- Under Options, Tick the Use Ctrl+Shift+C/V as Copy/Paste
You would be able to Copy and Paste as follows
- To Copy: Ctrl + Shift + C
- To Paste: Ctrl + Shift + V
This is tested on Windows 11, Ubuntu WSL bash terminal.
You can enable this keyboard shortcut to copy and paste text between your WSL terminal and other text editors. Keyboard shortcuts introduce a more productive software development environment. We have covered the steps for enabling keyboard shortcuts to copy and paste in Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL). If you are looking for more guides like this, please refer to Codetryout’s WSL how-to guides.