Thankfully Windows 10 supports Linux as a subsystem!
To copy-paste text between your WSL terminal and other text editors, you can enable keyboard shortcut keys as follows (Control + Key)
Enabling Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V
- Open your WSL Terminal Window
- Right Click on the title bar
- Click on Properties menu
- Under Options, Tick the Use Ctrl+Shift+C/V as Copy/Paste
You would be able to Copy and Paste as follows
- To Copy: Ctrl + Shift + C
- To Paste: Ctrl + Shift + V
This is tested on Windows 10, Ubuntu bash terminal.