How to copy-paste text or commands in MobaXterm?
In MobaXterm, Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V are not the default keys for Copying and pasting.
Here are the correct steps:
- To Copy: Select the text area you want to copy (it will copy the selected content to the clipboard)
- To Paste: Right-click and from the context menu, click on paste. OR Shift + Insert in keyboard
Enabling MobaXterm paste using the mouse to right-click (mouse right-click paste-like putty)
You have an option to change settings in MobaXterm, to do paste action while right-clicking. Here is how to do this,
How to enable right-click paste?
- Click on the Settings
- Go to Configuration
- Go to Terminal TAB
- About the centre of the screen, there is a checkbox named Paste using right-click
- Checking this box will enable the mouse to right-click paste action!
- Restart your MobaXterm to make this feature active. (close all MobaXterm sessions and start again)
Here is a demo: