If you are getting bitbucket errors like the below while trying to git pull or git push:
git failed with a fatal error. authentication failed for 'https //bitbucket
One of the most probable reasons would be, your password is locked.
Solution for bitbucket auth error
- Step #1: Go to https://bitbucket.org
- Step #2: Login with your credentials
- Step #3: Solve the captcha if asked
- Step #4: Change the password after login (optional, but recommended)
- Step #5: Now, try again from your Git client (use the new password if you had changed it)
Once after completion of these steps, you should be able to continue using bitbucket.
For similar errors for other services such as GitHub, or any other local or cloud-hosted git servers, the steps are given here should be a good hint.