In the latest versions of vscode (Windows), there is an inbuilt keyboard shortcut to toggle (show/hide) the sidebar.
Shortcut key to show hide the side barCtrl + B
How to change sidebar toggle shortcut?
If you prefer to change the keyboard combination, you may do it with the below steps.
- Go to vscode File menu.
- Click Preferences.
- Click Keyboard Shortcuts.
- In keyboard shortcut listing, search for toggle sidebar visibility
- Once it is listed, Select it and press Enter
- Enter a key combination as your shortcut, eg: Ctrl + Alt + Q
- Press Enter key to confirm the shortcut key combination